Monday, March 22, 2010

Welcome to the medication merry go round

Well, here goes nothing. I went to the Pdoc today and was given Lithium to take 3 times a day.

In the 2 months since my diagnosis, I have been on 4 different meds now. Yes 4. Seroquil, Abilify, Buspar and now Lithium.

My Seroquil journey didn't last long...3 days. It landed me in the ER with all sorts of problems. Pain, irregular heart rate, high blood pressure. It was bad. So they gave me Abilify, 2 days worth and a prescription for a $600 med I couldn't purchace.

So, Abilify was a 2 day trip. LOL

A few weeks ago, My GP gave me a script for Buspar to help my anxiety. Really didn't do anything but I continued to take it.

Today, the Pdoc told me I could stop the Buspar and just go with Lithium for now. He will give me a second med in 2 months when I go back.

The Pdoc seems nice enough. Poor guy, though, I could barely understand him! His accent is so thick.

I am in a good mood today. I have been goofy and bouncy. Guess I am on an upswing. Hell, after my sleepfest yesterday, I need this!

So, my friends, I bid you a good day.
I, alas, have no more to say.
But I wouldn't believe this,
'cause I have yet to seal it with a kiss!

LMAO

No comments:

Post a Comment